- Pagoda Nursery’s intimate, homely atmosphere ensures for an easy transition from home to nursery.
- We have a high adult to child ratio.
- Pagoda has an open door policy – parents are welcome to call in or telephone at any time.
- Pagoda Nursery operates a key person system to give each child a sense of security and well being.
- Each child has a home/nursery progress book which is completed daily. They also have their own individual learning and development journal.
- Pagoda nursery has a planned curriculum within the EYFS guidance to ensure all children are constantly learning, exploring and gaining new experiences.
All activities are delivered in a holistic manner to meet each child’s individual needs.
Music and movement – using instruments, music and singing
Art & Creative skills – painting, collages, etc
Mark Making (early writing) Activities – chalk, drawing, painting, etc.
Physical exercise –provide space/time to encourage free movement. Equipment such as bikes, cars, balls, tunnels, hula hoops, etc
Role play – using dressing up clothes and other props
Construction play – building with lego, large blocks, soft play equipment.
Song and Story time
Sensory Experiences – sand, water, play dough, baking, etc
Problem Solving, reasoning and numeracy activities – using numbers, recognising shapes, space and measurements.
Develop social skills through both group activities and forming individual relationships.
- The nursery has direct access to an outdoor area.
- The children are given the opportunity to explore the world with trips to the park, museum, shops and so on.
- Throughout the year we promote different celebrations from around the world.
Nursery believes that all learning areas are interlinked and do not
stand alone. One activity develops a variety of skills. Our activities
are child led/initiated and planned to meet each child’s individual
needs to enable them to reach their full potential.